Sunday, February 05, 2006

Little tears

Your big brown eyes showed pain inside
in a dank dark closet attempting to hide
oh how your little heart must moan
hiding in the dark alone
how could you ever understand
the pain of a raging fathers hand
I wish that I could make you see
you have nothing to fear trusting me
you cannot possibly understand
that my heart is in your hand
I hold you close your tears subside
my feelings for you I cannot hide
I only wish that I could heal
the confusion and pain that you must feel
the world holds frustration, hate and rage
but why for a child of your age
I pray your future holds love and cheer
a world of happiness to replace the fear
I hope I touched your mind and heart
to give your world of love a start
because inside I died
when I held you while you cried

No comments: