Saturday, February 25, 2006

Painting

I am turning into the painting queen.
Yesterday the ceiling in the kitchen, boy am I glad that is done! Ceilings are horrible things to paint because of the angle to have to work at. Plus I was painting over a rough crows foot pattern....with very liquidy paint.
I had originally wanted a tin ceiling in the kitchen, but the price of the tin ceiling tiles put my heart into spasms. But I still wanted the look of the tin ceiling. So we got some metal flake aluminum fence paint. The finished look is fantastic! To look at it you would think that it is a tinned ceiling.

Painting with a very liquid paint over a rough surface with a very fluffy roller was an experience. One I do not recommend for the faint of heart. Thankfully it covered in one coat. But by the time I was finished I looked like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz!
Today on to the walls! I will be very happy to see that dark paneling covered up by white. I did a test spot so I know that it will take two coats of Kills primer and then one of the gloss white. I just hope that my arms don't fall off. As stiif and sore as I am this morning after doing battle with the ceiling yesterday, I probably won't be able to move tomorrow morning, and there is till more painting to be done after that. Trim and the cupboards, which are also a dark color. But I can see how nice it will look when I am all done! That keeps me going.

When all the painting is done, then we will be putting in new floor tile. After that I will be making the curtains. In my minds eye I can see it finished, I just wish I could wigggle my nose and it would be done. Not really, because the experience of changing it from what it was to what it will be, even with all the work involved makes it that much more special.

Time for more coffee and then off to painting!

No comments: