Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The battle of the bush

No not that bush.
The hugely over grown monstrosity trying to take over the yard. We hacked at it with a chain saw to try and work our way to its' interior. Once inside we found not one but two main root bundles.
Jeff2 finally had to go and bring the tractor with a scraper blade attachment into the yard. Even with this we were unable to dislodge the root bundles from the ground. So we will just build a fire around them and burn them out.
Then we had to haul all of the branches etc out into the pasture. I was begining to think I was never going to see the end of that bush.
As a side note, I couldn't believe my eyes when during my latest visit to home improvement store that people were taking cart loads of this same bush to plant at home. They could have had mine for free.
Then we got hit with another shot of winter so the out door projects are on hold again for the moment. But that is ok too, we still have to lay the new floor tiles in the kitchen and I have to make the curtains.
We did get a clothesline put up and I am looking forward to putting it to use.
But at least that bush is gone.

No comments: