Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spring

Mother Nature is playing her slow changing seasons game. We have had some glorious warm weather and rain. As a result the world is begining to turn green. It gives me the urge to get out into the yard to do some pruning and general clean up. Then she gives us a shot of much cooler weather.
Well I still have some in door projects to finish, so maybe the return of cooler weather is not so bad after all. We still need to get the new floor installed in the kitchen, and I need to make the curtains. Last weeks battle of the abcessed tooth put me behind on those things.
Since we bought this place late last fall after all the plants had lost their leaves it is not easy to tell just what type of stuff I have growing in the yard. I can hardly wait until everything leafs out to give me more of a clue.
I do know that I have a huge bush of some type taking over the yard on the north side of the house. That thing is going to get severely cut back or taken out completely. The area that it covers is massive and it needs to be tamed.
I also want to get a clothes line put up. We get a beautiful breeze through this valley and I can see no logical reason the pay the electric company to dry my clothes when the breeze can do it for free. Plus the clothes smell so much better dried in the sun and the wind. Yes I know, I am old fashioned.

No comments: