Friday, March 24, 2006

Curtains

I spent most of the day yesterday making curtains for the kitchen windows. They look great. In keeping with my fifties diner theme, they are large red and white check. I am really very pleased with the way they turned out. It sure makes the kitchen more homey than bare windows. I can hardly wait to get the new floor tiles down. It is going to look so good!
After all the complaining I did about painting, I am so glad that I did most of it myself. It really feels as if I have put a bit of myself into this room. It is what I had envisioned for this space in this house. It is just so exciting to see it coming together, and so very different from the dark, cold space that it was. Bright, cheery and a space you would want to spend time in.
Hopefully I will have an update on the flooring soon, then I will be posting before and after pics.

No comments: