Monday, March 13, 2006

Hello

Sorry about the lack of posts last week. I was trying to see just how much pain I could take before losing my mind.
I had an abcessed tooth, and we all know how much fun they can be. I woke up one morning with one side of my face trying to do a basketball imitation. Or at least that's how it felt.
I finally got in to see a nurse practitioner. I guess she was surprised that I was actually still on my feet, after she looked in my mouth at the offending tooth. Just one of the benefits of being a tough old broad, I guess.
So she hooked me up with some antibiotics that looked like you needed to insert them somewhere, instead of swallowing them. And some pain pills. I had been taking enough ibuprophen to increase their stock price, with no relief. I had high hopes for the pain meds. It was as tiny as the antibiotics were huge. But at least it worked.
So anyway, I should be good to go, finally. I still have a bit of swelling and minor discomfort. After I finish off the antibiotics, I am going to have that damn tooth pulled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg. I had an abscess under a crown once. It rivaled childbirth for the pain. I do not envy you your tooth fun.
Be well and get that sucker tossed!

The Frothmistress