Friday, April 21, 2006

April Showers

may bring May flowers, but it turns the garden plot to mud.
It rained off and on all day yesterday, so much for getting out and mowing the yard. It is supposed to rain again today. One of the good things though is that it adds water to the cistern, since this is our water supply, it is a very good thing. And our world is getting greener every day. The view just keeps getting better.
I spent part of the day yesterday watching wild turkeys in the hayfield. Since the dogs were in the house most of the day the turkeys ventured very close. They are entertaining to watch, and it is turkey season here, but all I saw were hens and it is not legal to take them in the spring.
It appears that the grass is growing by inches everyday, so when I am able to get out and mow I may need a haybaler............but at least we don't have to worry about drought conditions.
I guess that I will have to find some more indoor projects to keep myself busy and I am in the mood to bake. Unfortunately with just the two of us here, it is very easy to go into overload of freshly baked goods. Anyone want some fresh bread?

No comments: