Sunday, April 16, 2006

More Springtime stuff

I spent most of yesterday mowing and doing laundry.
The yard is filling in so well, and we have wonderful patches of low growing violets covering the yard. We were going to put out some weednfeed, but I can't bring myself to probably kill off those beautiful little flowers. Fortunately they are low enough that they don't get cut off with the mower. We have dandelions as well, but they are bright and colorful, so we will just live with them. Unless they decide to take over........
The yard looks so pretty after it is freshly cut. That deep green accented by the wonderful purple of the violets is truly one of natures works of art.
I mowed both inside and outside the fence that surrounds the yard, then Jeff2 used the tractor and bush hog to mow the pasture. Ahh, the scent of freshly mowed grass in the sunshine. The leaves on the trees are getting bigger every day, and even the walnut trees are begining to wear a veil of new leaves. Walnut trees are usually among the last trees to leaf out in the spring.
We had, once again, a marvelous breeze and it really helped to dry all the laundry on the clothesline. I am probably certifiable, but I love to hang out the laundry and see it flopping in the breeze. And the clothes smell so wonderful dried this way. It is a fragrance that just can't be put in a bottle.
When we were planning on the move here, I knew that I would enjoy it. I never dreamed how much I would fall in love with a house and the land surrounding it. Even all the blood, sweat and tears we have put into it so far pale in comparison to the love I have for this place. It makes all the work of fixing, painting and the like so very worthwhile. It is incredibly easy to lose track of time and dates, those things just don't hold the significance that they used to. We eat when we are hungry, go to bed when we are tired and get up when we are rested. Right now we are just lovin' life.

No comments: