Friday, January 27, 2006

In the kitchen

I think I have stated here before that I love to cook and bake. I just love spending time in the kitchen. It is my sanctuary.
I love to put things together that result in a good meal, dessert or what have you. I can lose all track of time reading through cookbooks. The kitchen is my favorite part of the house.
When we were looking at houses to buy, one of the first rooms I would look at was the kitchen. For me, it is the very heart and soul of my home. It is a place of magic. A place where things are made, or preserved. Yes, I like canning too.

I grew up in a large extended family, and there were always lots of people to cook for. I began helping in the kitchen when I was four or five. I made my first batch of bread, entirely on my own, when I was seven. I have been hooked ever since.

It is a good thing that I also like gardening and the like, or I would probably weigh, well too much. Having all those fresh vegetables and herbs to weave my magic with makes me impatient for spring to get here so I can start my garden. The seed catalogs have started to arrive and planning has begun.

So I am going to grab another cup of coffee, sit back and do some more planning for the garden.
Coffee anyone?

1 comment:

Morrigan said...

Wow, that is a tough one. I enjoy making everything..........Beef Burgundy is one of my favorites. But then again a regular old roast beef is good as well. And then there is BBQ.
It is hard to come up with just one favorite.