Sunday, January 08, 2006

Oh dear......

I just read that fellow blogger, Bane, is down with the creepin' crud yet again.
This is sure to effect the number of his posts for a few days, while he wanders around in a Nyquil induced haze. That really sucks. I hope that he feels better soon.

Not much happening in my little corner of the world, just keepin' on, keepin' on. Waiting for warmer weather and seed catalogs.
I have quite a few projects that I want to get to working on, but they all require springtime to start, so now I am just in the planning phase of what to do first.

I love the place that we have bought, out here in the rough and tumble. An older house, with lots of character and possiblities. And hardwood floors. I really love those floors, so much better than carpeting. They were made from something alive and still lend their wonderful soul to this house.

Someone who owned this house before us reallt went crazy with some of the most god awful wall paper, just about everywhere. I thought I was going to have to spend a lot of time removing it, but on further inspection, it was placed over equally god awful cheap paneling. So now all I have to do is remove the paneling and I will have a nice clean wall! I want to get to ripping all that junk off the walls. Especially down the hallway, which has a horrible green and white striped wall paper. Walking down that hallway is like stepping into the twilight zone.
The kitchen has dark paneling in the dining section, even on a bright sunny day it is dark. So that will have to go as well.
Needless to say, I will be investing in paint when all that paneling goes away.

Would you believe that someone walled over the window in the bathroom? Why would anybody do that? We will be opening that up as soon as possible. That will help it to look a whole lot less like a cave.

1 comment:

Morrigan said...

Thanks for stopping by!
I always enjoy comments, nice to know that someone is reading my ramblings.
Thanks again.