Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Progress

The twilight zone hallway is no more! Taking down the chair rail, baseboards and the wallpaper covered paneling was a breeze. It was an enjoyable experience as I attacked that mess armed with a wrecking bar and a hammer.
The damn wallpaper boarder took a little more time to remove. If I could find the sadistic person who went wild with wallpaper in this house I would cheerfully wrap them in the stuff. hose them down and sit them in the sun to dry.
Now to fill in nail holes and minor dimples, prime, paint and replace the baseboards! It will look so much better, well it already does.
My hubby did a wonderful job of framing, waterproofing and painting the uncovered window in the bathroom! It really looks good.

We are on our way to making this little old house more comfortable and less of an eye sore.

I awoke today to rain, a good thing, we need the water to fill the cistern. I have loved using the water from the cistern, it is naturally soft and leaves everything cleaner and softer than city/county water that has been treated with god only knows what all.

No comments: