Monday, January 02, 2006

The New Year and more crap

Happy New Year!
Would somebody tell me just what is so happy about turning to a new page on a calendar?
Maybe it's because New Years eve is a sanctioned holiday to drink yourself insensible. Maybe it's because you will spend most of the coming year regretting what you did New Years eve. Maybe it's because in 9 months you will be in labor and secretly asking yourself if you really know who the father is?
To hell with all the crazy "celebrations", I went to bed at 10. I could care less about the whole "drink yourself stupid" theme of the holiday.

And while I'm talking about stupid.........what is the deal with coffee pots? Most of them don't last worth the damn. I have bought more coffee pots in the last few years than I can remember.
I don't want to be without a coffee pot, and you don't want to see me in the morning without a big mug of the stuff in my hand. Horror movies do no justice to the bitch without coffee.
Back to the coffee pots......I have tried most of the brands available on the market, and none stood up to the test of time. Hell even three months............
So I went and bought myself a Bunn. I about passed out looking at the price tag, but figured that I had spent way more than that on other coffee pots combined, just in the last 2 years.
This coffee pot is a thing of beauty...........always keeps a pots worth of water hot and on stand-by........just put coffee in the brew basket, add another pot of water, close the lid and you have a fresh pot of coffee in less than 3 minutes!
Now that is peace on earth, or at least my own little corner of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just leaving a comment to spite Bane.

Bunn? Buns? Bunz?

No matter I love buns and I'm sure those legs attach to a beautiful bun.

heidi said...

Coffee. Two words. French Press. Why the French have to attach their name I have no clue, but the coffee is good. Almost divine!

I thought I should come and show some support to the other Blintz Queen.

Morrigan said...

Thanks for the comments everyone!
A big thank you goes out to Bane, you wonderful cranky bastard!

Anonymous said...

My pleasure. Literally.